What are ways to establish a physical therapy and wellness program?
Having a wellness program in an organization is a great step in improving the employees’ productivity and health. The initiation of the physical therapy program can benefit employees in the following ways.
- Reduce the absenteeism
- Help in improving productivity
- Reduce the chances of injuries
As we know, the cost of health insurance is increasing day by day. Therefore, companies can implement wellness programs to maintain employees’ health status and save money. The ways through which companies can implement such a healthcare program in an organization include
Step 1: Conduction Of Assessment
The first step is conducting an assessment. It is a critical step in the development of the workforce pram. Through this information, the employer can design the program or service beneficial for both management and the workers. The managers can assess in the following ways.
- Evaluation of the personal wellness interest by conducting surveys
- Conduction of the assessment for the links associated with health
- Conduction of the organizational assessment for determination of the type of wellness program to be offered
- Review of the group health plan by utilization rates for both pharmaceutical and medical.
- Evaluation of the health culture and conduction of the environmental audits of the workplace.
Step 2: Obtaining Physical Therapy Management Support
Support from management is important for building a successful wellness program. This organization has to take the approval of policies and processes related to the program. Moreover, management assists by helping the health promotion aim for positive outcomes in business. For this, management resolves three questions that are
- What are the short and long-term strategic priorities of the organization? For this, employers must show how a wellness program can support the strategic objectives.
- What benefits the wellness initiative can offer to the organization, and what is the wellness promotion potential value?
- What are the pressure, strengths, leadership styles, and weakness of the organization’s management?
Management answers these questions and then moves to the next step of the wellness program.
Step 3: Establishment of the wellness committee
After conducting management support, the next step is to create an internal employee committee. This helps in building organizational support as well as effectiveness for the program. The key responsibilities of the committee include
- Evaluation of the current programs, policies, and services available in the workplace
- Assessment of the employee preferences and needs
- Development of the health promotion operating plan that includes objective, goals, and vision statement
- Assessment in monitoring and implementation of the program.
- Employers then ask for volunteers and ensure that higher management from HR, IT, and marketing departments participates and shows interest in this program.
Step 4: Development Of The Objectives And Goals
The objective and goals must be clear. The main goal must to improve the worker’s health and reduce the health cost. Moreover, other objectives include boosting the productivity of workers, increasing retention, and reducing absenteeism. Goals must be time-limited, correctly stated, and clear, so the employees start working on them.
Step 5: Establishment of the budget
Another critical step to follow is the establishment of the budget. It is evident if there will be no allowance, it is not possible to fulfill the program. Therefore, employers have to set a budget and take approval from the finance department. The wellness program budget’s critical components include the provider fee, incentives for those who are participating, meeting provisions, promotional materials, and fitness trackers. Moreover, they have to approve the fund for the hidden resources.
Step 6: Designing the wellness program components
There is no one standard for the wellness program. Each one has its requirement. The organization uses the resources to design the program and implement according to the need of employees. The company can implement stress reduction, health risk assessment, nutrition education, vaccination programs, and weight loss programs.
These are the steps that organizations follow to implement the wellness program. Once the company implements it, it evaluates the success of the program. Moreover, the organization also focuses on employee behavior toward the programs. Management must involve every worker in this program for the betterment of the company and the benefit of workers.